Ind. Stampin' Up Demonstrator 0407 735 229 Stampin' is my happy place.

Thanks for stopping by. The Stampin' Up! experience is more than just cards and ink - it is about creativity, wonderful friendships and of course fun! I fell in love with the products from the moment I first saw and used them, and the range of colour coordinating collections makes all of my projects so easy to create. Be sure to click on the subscribe option on the right hand side so you can receive updates on classes, new techniques, promotions and more.

I host regular workshops for both children and adults in the Redlands, Brisbane. I can help you to learn more about the fantastic range Stampin' up products, hosting a workshop with friends, earning free products, attend a class or to join my team. It's fun, easy and rewarding "me time" - what girl doesn't need a bit of that! Kids birthday parties, one on one classes, and stamp clubs are also available. Contact me jocie_traversjones@yahoo.com.au to get started today.

Monday, November 21, 2011

6 Christmas Card making tips

I went to our letterbox the other day and found the first Christmas card of the season.  A bit early, I know, but it wasn't entirely unexpected. We have relatives who like to get their cards out by mid-November! Eek!  So with Christmas card season  here I thought I'd share some tips to make your bulk card making a little easier.





1. Pick a design early Found a card you enjoy making? Then stick to it. This will be your official "Card of the Year".

2. Keep it simpleChances are you'll be making a lot, so try hard to resist the temptation to add bits here and there. Keep it simple.

3. Have enough supplies on handCheck that you have enough ribbon, adhesive, card stock and embellishments. Is your favourite ink pad a little patchy this year? Allow 7 working days for me to get the raw materials to you.

4. Set up your crafting spaceClear off a bench or desk, or pull out the trestle table for the weekend. Think carefully about how you can best set up your craft station using optimally planned logistics. I'm serious! Five minutes spent in careful planning could be a great investment. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has stamped a bunch of images and then thought 'I should have moved the stamp pad over to this side next to my hand'. lol.

5. Set up an assembly line and add some friends to the mix.Mass produce elements first, assemble later.  i always have more fun crafting with like minded souls, so why not get together and create together as well.  As Christmas gets closer, and things get a little crazy, set aside a few hours to have some down time and just "be". 

6. Don't forget the envelope
Stamp it, emboss it… you name it. The envelope is the first thing the lucky recipient will see in amongst that pile of bills. Get them smiling before they even see your card by prettying up the envelope.

And most importantly, crank up the Christmas tunes and have fun!  We all love Christmas songs in our house, especially Brendan (who would have thought!!) even the daggy Mariah Carey ones (ie All I Want for Christmas Is You   love it to pieces), but I do put my fut down at purchasing the Bieber album........  Joc x

No comments:

Post a Comment